HOW IT WORKS
What is a Weighted Sleep Sack?
Also referred to as a baby sleeping bag or wearable blanket, a sleep sack is a piece of clothing that doubles as a blanket. They almost always securely fastened with buttons, and zip to stay in place. For safety reasons, they should never cover your baby’s nose or mouth, as they are to fit snugly around the baby with proper sizing.
What is the research behind the effectiveness of Weighted Blankets? Can you explain more about Deep Touch Pressure?
Deep Touch Pressure is generally referred to as a form of touch pressure applied to the body, providing the feeling of a hug, holding or swaddling. Our weighted sleep sacks activate DTP through our calming cloud technology, helping calm your little one and soothe them to sleep. DTP has been shown to elicit therapeutic effects such as feelings of comfort, relaxation, lowered anxiety, and safety.
A research study conducted by the National Association of Neonatal Nurses investigated the efficacy and safety of weighted blankets for infants. The clinical study not only reported that the gentle weighting was safe for infants, but also significantly increased soothing which resulted in infants staying asleep for longer.
What are the advantages of a weighted Sleep Sack over wearable blankets and other alternatives?
There are many benefits of the Weighted Sleep Sack. Some advantages include:
- Gently weighted to help your baby relax, fall asleep quicker, and stay asleep for longer.
- Our weighted calming cloud technology is designed to mimic a parent’s touch, naturally reducing stress through Deep Touch Pressure (DTP) stimulation.
- The weight increases serotonin (the “happy” hormone), dopamine (the “feel good” hormone), and melatonin (the “sleep” hormone), to relax your little one and induce sleep.
- Can help calm your baby while breastfeeding or before naptimes.
- Decreases cortisol levels (the “stress” hormone) to soothe and relax your baby into a peaceful slumber.
Is the Bubpods Sleep Sack safe for my Baby?
Yes! We want to assure parents that our Bubpods Sleep Sack has been through stringent safety testing, is compliant with AS/NZS 1249 (Australia’s safety standard for infants and children’s sleepwear products), and follows the Red Nose guidelines for safe sleep.
Additionally, we source natural and non-toxic materials for the ultimate safety and comfort of your little one. Our suits are made from 100% natural, breathable cotton. Our calming cloud is filled with toxic-free poly beads, to provide your baby with gentle weighting and increased relaxation.
What size should I buy?
Not sure what size is best for your little one? Our products fit true-to-size. We do NOT recommend sizing up . Every weighted sleep sack provides ample space for kicking and safe hip mobility. Choosing the right size is imperative to your baby’s safety. If you’re unsure about your baby’s sizing, make sure to refer to our size chart on our product page for further information (or reach out and send us a message at email@example.com )!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.